The journey from writing my own books to supporting other authors in getting a publishing contract has become a recent possibility. After-all, I am an avid reader of books, particularly fantasy, and love nothing better than to immerse myself in a good read. I also love to read and explore books on spirituality and wellbeing. So, it has been a natural progression for me to support and promote books and authors who write within these genres.
I am particularly keen to promote writers from BAME (Black, Asian, Minority Ethnic Groups) backgrounds, who are seriously under-represented in the genre of Mind, Body, Spirit and fantasy. See below for submission guidelines.
“Naz has been totally invaluable with her support, advice and approach to getting me published with Watkins Publishing, it would never have happened without her.
Her knowledge of books and publishing has been invaluable to me, guiding me all the way, and I look forward to working with her again on future projects.
Anyone who is thinking about writing or publishing needs ‘a Naz’ in their life, to guide support and be that sounding board. She is honest, open-hearted and straight-forward. A complete joy to work with.”
Caroline Mitchell – Simply Dragons
Please email your submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org
• Put your name and title of your manuscript in the subject title of the email
• The manuscript and synopsis should be in Word format and double spaced
• Write a covering letter that introduces you and your book proposal
Submissions for Non- Fiction Mind, Body, Spirit Genre
Non-Fiction titles are often sold on the proposal, so your book does not have to be complete.
• Please write a short pitch (no more than a couple of sentences) about your book
• Attach a short synopsis (no more than 300 words) and the first 30 pages of your manuscript
• Provide a profile about yourself and your expertise around the subject matter of your book
• Provide media links, links to workshops and your platform
• Information about competing titles and where your book will sit in the market
• Chapter breakdown, with brief details about each chapter.
Submissions for Fantasy Genre
• In the body of your email, write an ‘elevator pitch’ about your book, this may be in the form of a blurb
• A one-page synopsis that tells the story rather than pitch’s it
• The first 3 chapters of your manuscript or up to the first 10,000 words.